- Gate frame material suitable for DIY pedestrian gates and some customers have also used to build entrance gates
- T-channel = $35 per LM cut to your size
- Box tube and U-channel plus cover sold together = $35 per LM cut to your size
- Plus you still insert the slats in once you have made the frame. Slats are around $13 to $15 per LM if you want them cut.
The merbau and black gates shown in the images are an example of a customer building the frame and inserting slats
example a typical 1100mm tall and 975mm wide gate and supplied in DIY form (which
still needs assembly by you) would cost around $260. If you want us to
assemble then supply and build is $350. We do not install at your location and the pickup is from Narangba. (e.g. 16mm gaps and black slats)
We can supply to suit either horizontal slats or vertical slats. Please specify or it will be made to suit traditional horizontal.
NOTE: We use a reinforced T-Channel for the gates top and bottom rail when doing Horizontal gates. So the gates won't generally line up with a slat fence when next to each other, unless you advise us they need to. If is critical to you to line up and with varying heights then you may want to change the gate to a vertical slats to make it opposite.
What you should know:
- Payment of $100 needs to be made for any custom orders
- We cut Tuesdays and Thursday each week so have orders in before that
- Protective sheets will be left on the material for you to remove.
- Allow 2-5mm difference in final size
- When we quote you slat gaps (10mm or 16mm or 40mm) this will be the gap between the slats. The gap between the first slat and last slate to the frame will be equal. This is because we do not cut (or rip) slats long ways. So if you want the same gap all the way through your gate then ask us for a height close to your needs that divides equal.
- If you buy DIY the tools you would need to build the gate would be a Tek drill, tape measure and a Square.
frame material is available in:
Satin Black frame
Gloss White frame
However the slats within the frame can be any of our 7 colours
When cut allow a -5 to +5 tolerance for the size you ask. Also you should be leaving clearances to fit your own hinges and locks. Select a hinge that allows you to adjust the gates gaps. Depending on the height of the gate you should be able to adjust the gates square by 5 to 10mm easily. Some hinges need gaps of 10mm to 30mm and some locks sit on the inside of frame and have magnet catches so the clearance could be between 10mm to 15mm.
We sell a hinge that sits inside the 50x50 channel on the side of the gate.
Example prices in the below table (Does not include hinges or latches)
- Frame Material (Black or White)
- Slat Inserts (Black, White, Greys if you want woodgrain Browns add around 15%)
- Screws and Spacers included
- Horizontal slats
- 16mm gaps but we can also do 10mm or 40mm gaps with price adjustment
PARTS CUT for DIY
CUT & MADE
Gate frame material bulk purchase
- Part A - Purchase 50x50 Box with the slat screw channel at $150 per 5.4m length (When buying Part B also)
- Part B - Purchase T-Channel Gate frame for $150 per 5.4m length (when buying Part A also)
- If you don't want to buy A & B together then the price is $180 per length for either type.
Gate Heights to allow even spacing between slats and also the gate frame
TO HAVE EXACTLY SAME GAPS BETWEEN THE SLATS AND ALSO THE FRAME USE THESE HEIGHTS BELOW, FOR HORIZONTAL SLATS. IF YOU DON'T THEN ALL WE DO IS MAKE THE GAP BETWEEN TOP AND BOTTOM FRAME TO FIRST SLATE EVEN
ANY HEIGHT CAN BE MADE - WE CUSTOM MAKE ALL OUR SLAT GATES AND PROVIDE EITHER FULL MADE OR DIY
CONTACT, RETURN AND REFUNDS
Click below to view our contact details along with our Return and Refund Policy
We manage a wide range of products and websites from the same warehouse following the same policy.
Please contact John on 0414 237 573 with any concerns or questions.